On Wednesday, January 23rd, North Carolina-Asheville took on Coastal Carolina and just barely beat the Chanticleers 63-60 in conference play. The Bulldogs were led by Jeremy Atkinson, who got a team-high 16 points plus nine rebounds. D.J. Cunningham had seven points and added 11 rebounds. Anthony Raffa finished with a game-high 27 points and four rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Chanticleers. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when North Carolina-Asheville (10-10, 4-2 Big South) hosts High Point (7-9, 3-2 Big South).
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The last time UNCA started the season 10-10 was 2010.
- The Bulldogs have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, North Carolina-Asheville has won 23 close games.
- North Carolina-Asheville has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 20 or fewer turnovers.
- This season North Carolina-Asheville has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Jeremy Atkinson has 4 assists or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UNCA has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- D.J. Cunningham accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 20 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Will Weeks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- The Chanticleers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Coastal Carolina has lost 25 close games.
- Anthony Raffa recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 45.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michel Enanga and El Hadji Ndieguene) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring 12 times in 17 games this season.
- Michel Enanga has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Anthony Raffa's career.
- Anthony Raffa has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Warren Gillis set a career high with 4 steals.