Coastal Carolina 60
(8-9, 1-7 away)
UNC Asheville 63
(10-10, 7-2 home)
Venue: Kimmel Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||R Trapps 27
||R Trapps 8
||K Greenwood 4
||J Atkinson 16
||J Atkinson 7
||T Meyer 3
Coastal Carolina faced off with North Carolina-Asheville on Wednesday, January 23rd and lost a nail-biter to the Bulldogs 63-60 in conference play. Anthony Raffa put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Chanticleers, scoring a game-high 27 points (4 Reb 3 Ast 3 Stl) in 38 minutes. Michel Enanga had four points and added seven rebounds. Jeremy Atkinson got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds for the Bulldogs. Coastal Carolina (8-9, 3-3 Big South) gets Campbell (9-10, 4-1 Big South) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Coastal Carolina started 8-9 during the 2005 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Chanticleers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Coastal Carolina has lost 25 close games.
- Coastal Carolina has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 60 or fewer total points.
- The Chanticleers have lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after having a three-point percentage of 23.5% or worse.
- Coastal Carolina has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.7% or better this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 36.4% or better this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Coastal Carolina has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- CCAR set a season low for blocks.
- Coastal Carolina has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Anthony Raffa recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 45.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michel Enanga and El Hadji Ndieguene) accounted for 41.3% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 17 games this season.
- Michel Enanga has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Anthony Raffa's career.
- Anthony Raffa has 3 straight 20+ point games.
- Warren Gillis had a career high with 4 steals.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 22 close games.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- D.J. Cunningham accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 20 games this season.
- D.J. Cunningham has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Will Weeks has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Cunningham recorded the 14th double-digit rebound game of his career.