|Murray State||I Canaan 21.5||E Daniel 10.7||I Canaan 4.3|
|Tennessee Tech||J Dillard 19.6||J Dillard 7.7||J Samarrippas 4.2|
Murray State heads to Eblen Center on Thursday to take on Tennessee Tech. The game tips off at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Racers are 8-2 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They won 78-58 on 3/2/2012 the last time they played.
Murray State is in 3rd place in the conference, Tennessee Tech is in 9th place.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and 9 assists from Isaiah Canaan, the Racers defeated SIU Edwardsville 70-61 on January 19th. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 21.5 points per game, 4.3 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game. For the Golden Eagles, Dennis Ogbe put up 13 points and 7 rebounds in the 74-62 loss to Southeast Missouri State on January 19th. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game.
Murray State looks to have the advantage over Tennessee Tech in one significant area, scoring, where the Racers have an edge over the Golden Eagles, 73 points per game to 64 points per game.
Tennessee Tech StatSmack
- Murray State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.785 to 0.511).
- It's only wins and losses, but Murray State has a better overall record than Tennessee Tech this season (9-3 vs 6-7).
- AP voters think more highly of Murray State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Tennessee Tech (14 vs 0).
- We just win. Murray State has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee Tech (131 vs 85).
- How does our back look? Murray State is ranked higher than Tennessee Tech in the Ohio Valley (#4 vs #10).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Murray State has a stronger schedule than Tennessee Tech this season (SOS Rank: #42 vs #274).
- Murray State embarrassed Tennessee Tech by 20 points the last time they played (Mar 02, 2012).
- The Murray State rebounding leader (Ed Daniel) has more rebounds than the Tennessee Tech rebounding leader (Jud Dillard).
- Dexter Fields is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- Murray State is better at defending the three (28.8% allowed vs 32.1% allowed) than Tennessee Tech this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Murray State has come back to win after being down at half against Tennessee Tech 4 times since 1996.