(16-3, 7-3 away)
La Salle 54
(13-5, 9-1 home)
Venue: Tom Gola Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||R Jones 5
||R Jones 3
||R Galloway 16
||J Wright 6
||T Duren 3
No. 9 Butler lost in an upset to La Salle 54-53 in conference play on Wednesday, January 23rd. Andrew Smith put up a game-high 16 points plus eight rebounds in the loss. Kellen Dunham also had a solid game, scoring 15 points and adding four rebounds. For the Explorers, Tyreek Duren got a team-high 16 points and six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Butler (16-3, 3-1 A-10) welcomes Temple (12-5, 2-2 A-10) on Saturday, January 26th.
Butler Game Notes
- Butler started 16-3 during the 2002 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Butler beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Butler set season lows for free throws made and three-pointers.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 12 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Andrew Smith accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Smith and Kameron Woods) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Kellen Dunham has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Jones has 4 straight double-digit point games.
La Salle Game Notes
- La Salle won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Tyreek Duren and Sam Mills) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Tyreek Duren has led the team in scoring 5 times in 18 games this season.