Loyola (IL) 67
(12-7, 6-4 away)
Cleveland State 55
(10-11, 9-2 home)
Venue: CSU Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||B Averkamp 15
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
||A Grady 13
||M Mason 5
||C Lee 5
On Wednesday, January 23rd, Cleveland State took a home loss to Loyola (Chicago) 67-55 in conference play. The Vikings got a season-high 22 points and five rebounds from Bryn Forbes. Marlin Mason also had a strong showing, scoring 10 points and adding four rebounds. For the Ramblers, Ben Averkamp finished with 18 points and five rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Cleveland State (10-11, 2-5 Horizon) travels to Youngstown State (9-8, 2-3 Horizon).
Cleveland State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- Cleveland State started 10-11 during the 2001 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Cleveland State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-7) after recording 55 or fewer total points.
- The Vikings have lost 82% of the time this season (2-9) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.7% or better this season, Cleveland State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.7% or better this season, Cleveland State has lost 83% of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Cleveland State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- Cleveland State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--CSU has a 9.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bryn Forbes accounted for 40.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Bryn Forbes and Devon Long) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Bryn Forbes's career.
- Bryn Forbes has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Devon Long.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Christian Thomas accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Crisman and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Ben Averkamp has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Christian Thomas's career.
- Christian Thomas has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas set career highs with 21 points and 9 field goals made.
- Jordan Hicks set a career high with 6 assists.