Loyola (Chicago) squared off with Cleveland State on Wednesday, January 23rd and won on the road versus the Vikings 67-55 in conference action. Ben Averkamp had an impressive game for the Ramblers and got 18 points plus five rebounds. Joe Crisman had two points and added nine rebounds. Bryn Forbes finished with a season-high 22 points and five rebounds for the Vikings. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Loyola (Chicago) (12-7, 2-4 Horizon) welcomes Detroit (12-8, 4-3 Horizon).
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:21 left to go.
- Loyola (Chicago) started 12-7 during the 2009, 2006, 2005, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- LCU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- The Ramblers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- LCU has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- LCU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Loyola (Chicago) has won 71% of the time (10-4) when Ben Averkamp plays 32 minutes or more and 83% of the time (5-1) when Jordan Hicks has 6 rebounds or more.
- The Ramblers set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time LCU had a field goal percentage of 53.7% or higher was Feb 25, 2012 against Milwaukee.
- The Ramblers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Loyola (Chicago) has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Christian Thomas accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Joe Crisman and Jordan Hicks) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Ben Averkamp has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Christian Thomas's career.
- Christian Thomas has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas had career highs with 21 points and 9 field goals made.
- Jordan Hicks had a career high with 6 assists.
Cleveland State Game Notes
- Cleveland State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Vikings losing streak to 3 games.
- Bryn Forbes accounted for 40.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Bryn Forbes and Devon Long) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Bryn Forbes has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 3 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Bryn Forbes's career.
- Bryn Forbes has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Devon Long.