(16-3, 7-3 away)
La Salle 54
(13-5, 9-1 home)
Venue: Tom Gola Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 23, 2013
||R Clarke 16
||R Jones 5
||R Jones 3
||R Galloway 16
||J Wright 6
||T Duren 3
On Wednesday, January 23rd, La Salle pulled off an upset against No. 9 Butler 54-53 in conference play. The Explorers got the win with a team-high 16 points and six assists (5 Reb 3 Stl) from Tyreek Duren. Sam Mills had 11 points and added five rebounds. Andrew Smith got a game-high 16 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when La Salle (13-4, 3-2 A-10) travels to 19th-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (16-3, 4-0 A-10).
La Salle Game Notes
- The last time La Salle started the season 13-5 was 2011.
- The Explorers have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, La Salle has won 30 close games.
- Prior to this game, La Salle played 16 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 0-16.
- The Explorers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 5 or more blocks.
- La Salle has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- This season La Salle has won 100% of the time (5-0) when Tyreek Duren has 16 points or more and 83% of the time (10-2) when Sam Mills plays 33 minutes or more.
- La Salle set season lows for free throws made and total points.
- The Explorers have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- La Salle has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Explorers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--La Salle has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tyreek Duren and Sam Mills) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Tyreek Duren has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
Butler Game Notes
- Andrew Smith accounted for 30.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Smith and Kameron Woods) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Kellen Dunham has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Roosevelt Jones has 4 straight double-digit point games.