Chattanooga vs. Elon: Full Game Preview
|Chattanooga||Z Mason 14.2||Z Mason 7.2||R White 3.0|
|Elon||L Troutman 15.2||R Beaumont 6.6||A Hamilton 3.3|
On Thursday, Chattanooga visits Alumni Gym to take on Elon. It takes place at 7:00 EST. The Mocs are 5-4 against the Phoenix over the last four years. The last time they met (2/9/2012) they won 83-75.
Chattanooga is in 6th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 4th place Elon.
The Mocs were defeated by Western Carolina 90-81 on January 19th despite 21 points and 6 rebounds from Z Mason. With 14.2 points per game, 7.2 rebounds per game, and 1.0 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. In a 68-61 victory over Wofford on January 19th, Jack Isenbarger put up 17 points and 6 rebounds for the Phoenix. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.0 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Elon is strong in turnover percentage at 16.7. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 17th in the nation.
- The Chattanooga rebounding leader (Z Mason) has more rebounds than the Elon rebounding leader (Ryley Beaumont).
- Chattanooga allows fewer rebounds (33.4 allowed per game vs 39.0 allowed per game) than Elon this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Chattanooga has an average margin of victory of 7 over Elon in 11 wins since 2003.
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Chattanooga has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Elon this season (Projected SOS Rank: #273 vs #312).
- Chattanooga beat Elon by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2012).
- Chattanooga takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Elon (2 vs 0).
- Z Mason is ranked 3rd in SoCon in rebounds and 5th in SoCon in blocks.
- Gee McGhee is ranked 9th in SoCon in steals.
- We just win. Chattanooga has more wins over the last 5 years than Elon (83 vs 71).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Chattanooga has come back to win after being down at half against Elon 3 times since 2006.
- Chattanooga can actually jump, with more rebounds (40.4 per game vs 36.5 per game) than Elon this season.