|Pepperdine||L Jackson 14.3||S Davis 7.1||C Willis 4.7|
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.3||A Hamilton 6.8||C Flint 4.3|
Loyola Marymount hosts Pepperdine at Gersten Pavilion on Thursday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can see it on TWCSN. The Lions are 5-4 against the Waves over the last four years. They won 67-57 on 2/2/2012 the last time they played.
Loyola Marymount is in 8th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 6th place Pepperdine.
In their last game, Anthony Ireland put up 13 points in the Lions 62-53 loss to San Francisco on January 19th. He leads the team with 20.3 points per game and 1.6 steals per game. The Waves were defeated by Santa Clara 83-76 on January 19th despite 23 points and 5 assists from Lorne Jackson. With 14.3 points per game and 1.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Loyola Marymount appears to have a key statistical advantage over Pepperdine in one area, scoring, where the Lions have an edge over the Waves, 70 points per game to 63 points per game.
- The Loyola Marymount basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Pepperdine (87% vs 57%).
- Loyola Marymount waxed Pepperdine by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2012).
- Loyola Marymount has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.417 to 0.333).
- You get an A for effort, but Loyola Marymount has emerged victorious against Pepperdine the last 3 times they've played.
- Chase Flint is ranked 7th in the West Coast in assists.
- The Loyola Marymount scoring leader (Anthony Ireland) has more points than the Pepperdine scoring leader (Lorne Jackson).
- Loyola Marymount has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Pepperdine ($28,548 vs $51,670).
- Loyola Marymount players are more experienced than Pepperdine players (10,674 minutes played vs 7,812 minutes played).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 5th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- The Loyola Marymount steals leader (Anthony Ireland) has more steals than the Pepperdine steals leader (Caleb Willis).
|C-||M. De Freitas||18||2||5||1||0||1||1|