|Sam Houston State||D Gatson 8.9||T Motley 6.1||D Gatson 3.1|
|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 12.3||R Johnson 7.7||B Fortenberry 2.6|
On Thursday, Southeastern Louisiana hosts Sam Houston State at University Center (LA). It gets started at 8:15 EST. The Lions are 0-5 against the Bearkats over the last four years. They fell 57-55 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
Southeastern Louisiana is in 5th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 4th place Sam Houston State.
The Lions were defeated by Northwestern State 103-68 on January 19th despite 18 points and 6 rebounds from Onochie Ochie. He is putting up 5.9 points per game while also averaging 2.5 rebounds per game. For the Bearkats, Marquel McKinney finished with 11 points in the 65-61 loss to Oral Roberts on January 19th. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.9 points per game.
There is one important category where Sam Houston State has a statistical edge, assists, where the Bearkats have the upper hand over the Lions, 14 per game to nine per game. When considering the Four Factors, Sam Houston State performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.4. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 19th in the country.
Sam Houston State StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Southeastern Louisiana has a stronger schedule than Sam Houston State this season (SOS Rank: #95 vs #269).
- Brandon Fortenberry is ranked 10th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- The Southeastern Louisiana rebounding leader (Roosevelt Johnson) has more rebounds than the Sam Houston State rebounding leader (Michael Holyfield).
- Roosevelt Johnson is ranked 6th in the Southland in rebounds.
- Southeastern Louisiana players are more experienced than Sam Houston State players (8,448 minutes played vs 6,792 minutes played).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Southeastern Louisiana has come back to win after being down at half against Sam Houston State 4 times since 1997.
- The Southeastern Louisiana scoring leader (Brandon Fortenberry) has more points than the Sam Houston State scoring leader (Darius Gatson).
- Dre Evans is ranked 10th in the Southland in three-pointers.