|Virginia||J Harris 15.2||A Mitchell 9.1||J Evans 3.8|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 24.6||C Raines 6.9||E Green 4.4|
On Thursday, Virginia travels to Cassell Coliseum to take on Virginia Tech. The game tips off at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Cavaliers are 4-4 against the Hokies over the last four years. The last time they met (2/21/2012) they won 61-59.
Both teams share 4th place in the conference.
In a 56-36 dismantling of Florida State on January 19th, Joe Harris put up 17 points for the Cavaliers. At 15.2, he paces the team in points per game. For the Hokies, Cadarian Raines finished with 8 points and 13 rebounds in the 66-65 win over Wake Forest on January 19th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.9 per game and blocks with 1.1 per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Virginia beat Virginia Tech by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 21, 2012).
- At least you keep showing up. Virginia has an average margin of victory of 9 over Virginia Tech in 28 wins since 1980.
- The Virginia rebounding leader (Akil Mitchell) has more rebounds than the Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Jarell Eddie).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Virginia has come back to win after being down at half against Virginia Tech 3 times since 1996.
- Virginia has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Virginia Tech (#5 vs #32).
- Virginia has a better scoring defense (50.7 allowed per game vs 73.1 allowed per game) than Virginia Tech this season.
- Virginia is better under pressure, and has defeated Virginia Tech in 8 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Virginia has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Virginia Tech (9 vs 1).
- Virginia is a better three-point shooting team (38.1% vs 32.2%) than Virginia Tech this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Virginia and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia Tech (27 vs 10).
- The Virginia blocks leader (Darion Atkins) has more blocks than the Virginia Tech blocks leader (Jarell Eddie).
|C-||J. van Zegeren||16||5||3||0||0||1||1|