Idaho State vs. Montana: Full Game Preview
|Idaho State||M Morgan 12.1||A Hatchett 4.1||T Sanchez 3.5|
|Montana||M Ward 15.2||K Jamar 6.1||W Cherry 4.8|
Montana hosts Idaho State at Dahlberg Arena on Thursday. The game tips off at 9:00 EST. The Grizzlies are 6-2 against the Bengals over the last four years. The last time they met (2/6/2012) they won 76-40.
Montana is currently in 1st place in the Big Sky and Idaho State is in 5th.
In their last match-up, Kareem Jamar finished with 23 points and 7 rebounds in the Grizzlies 76-71 victory over Montana State on January 19th. He contributes a team-high 6.1 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game. For the Bengals, Chris Hansen finished with 9 points and 6 rebounds in the 60-55 loss to Northern Arizona on January 19th. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.9 points per game.
Montana has a statistical advantage over Idaho State in one significant category, scoring, where the Grizzlies have an edge over the Bengals, 70 points per game to 53 points per game.
Idaho State StatSmack
- Montana can actually jump, with more rebounds (31.2 per game vs 26.6 per game) than Idaho State this season.
- Montana is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Montana is 77.4 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Idaho State.
- Michael Weisner is ranked 9th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Montana currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 914) than Idaho State, per the NCAA.
- You get an A for effort, but Montana has emerged victorious against Idaho State the last 5 times they've played.
- The Montana scoring leader (Mathias Ward) has more points than the Idaho State scoring leader (Melvin Morgan).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Montana has a stronger schedule than Idaho State this season (SOS Rank: #127 vs #171).
- The Montana rebounding leader (Kareem Jamar) has more rebounds than the Idaho State rebounding leader (Melvin Morgan).
- It must sting. Montana has blown out Idaho State by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 1998.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Montana has come back to win after being down at half against Idaho State 5 times since 1997.
- Montana has a more potent offense, scoring more points (67.6 per game vs 49.0 per game) than Idaho State this season.