|San Diego||J Dee 15.0||C Manresa 7.1||C Anderson 5.8|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 17.0||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.5|
Saint Mary's hosts San Diego at McKeon Pavilion on Thursday. Tip-off is at 11:00 EST and you can see it on CSN-CA or TWC. The Gaels are 7-1 against the Toreros over the last four years. They won 84-73 on 2/2/2012 the last time they played.
Saint Mary's is tied with San Diego for 3rd in the conference.
In their last outing, behind 13 points and 6 rebounds from Stephen Holt, the Gaels blew out Portland 60-38 on January 19th. While contributing 5.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 13.1 points per game. For the Toreros, Christopher Anderson finished with 13 points and 7 assists in the 74-57 loss to Brigham Young on January 19th. With 5.8 assists per game and 2.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Saint Mary's has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Toreros, 77 points per game to 66 points per game.
San Diego StatSmack
- The Saint Mary's scoring leader (Matthew Dellavedova) has more points than the San Diego scoring leader (Johnny Dee).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Saint Mary's currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (967 to 957) than San Diego, per the NCAA.
- Saint Mary's has a more potent offense, scoring more points (79.9 per game vs 66.9 per game) than San Diego this season.
- AP voters think more highly of Saint Mary's and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than San Diego (40 vs 1).
- Saint Mary's has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.793 to 0.379).
- Saint Mary's is a better three-point shooting team (40.8% vs 36.7%) than San Diego this season.
- We make our fans proud. Saint Mary's has a better record at home than San Diego this season (8-0 vs 6-1).
- Saint Mary's takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than San Diego (4 vs 2).
- Saint Mary's waxed San Diego by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2012).
- We just win. Saint Mary's has more wins over the last 5 years than San Diego (144 vs 75).
|C+||J. Walker III||26||9||4||1||1||0||1|