FL Internationial vs. LA Lafayette: Full Game Preview
|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.3||J Frink 7.3||D Hill 2.9|
|LA Lafayette||S Long 15.8||S Long 10.2||E Payton 5.0|
Florida International travels to Cajundome on Thursday to take on Louisiana. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Golden Panthers beat the Ragin Cajuns 75-70 on January 5th and are 2-4 against them over the last four years.
Louisiana is in 9th place in the conference and Florida International is in 4th place.
In their last game, Malik Smith put up 22 points in the Golden Panthers 61-55 win over Troy on January 19th. He is averaging 14.9 points and 2.7 rebounds per game. The Ragin Cajuns were defeated by Middle Tennessee State 82-60 on January 19th despite 21 points and 13 rebounds from Shawn Long. He leads the team in points with 15.8 per game, rebounds with 10.2 per game, and blocks with 2.0 per game.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Florida International has come back to win after being down at half against Louisiana 3 times since 1998.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Louisiana (1 vs 0).
- The Florida International three-point leader (Malik Smith) has more three-pointers than the Louisiana three-point leader (Bryant Mbamalu).
- Even computers respect Florida International more. We have a better RPI this season than Louisiana (RPI: #149 vs #221).
- Malik Smith is ranked 41st nationally in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Florida International has a stronger schedule than Louisiana this season (SOS Rank: #89 vs #153).
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||12||5||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||9||2||1||0||0||0||0|