Wyoming vs. UNLV: Full Game Preview
|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 9.2||D Gilmore 2.6|
|UNLV||A Bennett 18.5||A Bennett 8.7||A Marshall 5.8|
On Thursday, Wyoming travels to Thomas & Mack Center to take on UNLV. Tip-off occurs at 9:15 EST and you can see it on CBSSN. The Cowboys are 2-7 against the Rebels over the last four years. They lost 56-48 the last time they played (3/8/2012).
Wyoming is currently tied with UNLV in the Mountain West in 3rd place.
In a 58-45 win over San Diego State on January 19th, Leonard Washington put up 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Cowboys. He leads the team in rebounds with 9.2 per game and blocks with 2.0 per game. For the Rebels, Anthony Marshall put up 21 points and 6 rebounds in the 66-61 loss to Colorado State on January 19th. He is averaging 10.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.8 assists per game.
UNLV has a statistical edge over Wyoming in two specific areas. One concern is rebounding, where the Rebels hold the advantage over the Cowboys, 42 per game to 30 per game. In addition, UNLV has the edge in scoring, 76 points per game to 64 points per game.
- At least you keep showing up. Wyoming has an average margin of victory of 8 over UNLV in 12 wins since 1980.
- Wyoming allows fewer rebounds (29.5 allowed per game vs 34.4 allowed per game) than UNLV this season.
- Derrious Gilmore is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 9th in the Mountain West in assists.
- The Wyoming three-point leader (Luke Martinez) has more three-pointers than the UNLV three-point leader (Katin Reinhardt).
- Luke Martinez is ranked 50th nationally in three-pointers and 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
- Wyoming has a better scoring defense (54.6 allowed per game vs 64.3 allowed per game) than UNLV this season.
- Leonard Washington is ranked 10th in the Mountain West in points, 48th nationally in rebounds, and 1st in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Larry Nance Jr is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in rebounds.
- We make our fans proud. Wyoming has a better record at home than UNLV this season (9-0 vs 7-1).
|B||Larry Nance Jr||32||11||7||1||1||1||2|
|D+||Derek Cooke Jr||10||2||3||0||0||0||1|