|Northern Colorado||T Unruh 12.9||D Barden 8.6||T Svihovec 3.1|
|Northern Arizona||D Russell 16.3||G Bewernick 6.1||S Saldivar 3.9|
On Thursday, Northern Colorado heads to Walkup Skydome to take on Northern Arizona. It starts at 8:35 EST and you can catch it on FSN-AZ+ or FCS. The Bears are 7-2 against the Lumberjacks over the last four years. The last time they met (1/30/2012) they won 64-62.
Northern Colorado is tied with Northern Arizona for 5th in the conference.
The 21 points by Tate Unruh helped the Bears to a 72-56 cakewalk over Eastern Washington on January 19th. With 12.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Lumberjacks, Gaellen Bewernick put up 4 points and 14 rebounds in the 60-55 win over Idaho State on January 19th. He is averaging 6.1 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.1 per game.
Northern Arizona StatSmack
- The Northern Colorado rebounding leader (Derrick Barden) has more rebounds than the Northern Arizona rebounding leader (Gaellen Bewernick).
- Derrick Barden is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northern Colorado currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 956) than Northern Arizona, per the NCAA.
- The Northern Colorado blocks leader (Connor Osborne) has more blocks than the Northern Arizona blocks leader (Ephraim Ekanem).
- Northern Colorado is better at defending the three (29.3% allowed vs 36.0% allowed) than Northern Arizona this season.
- Northern Colorado has a better scoring defense (70.3 allowed per game vs 78.2 allowed per game) than Northern Arizona this season.
- Northern Colorado beat Northern Arizona by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 30, 2012).
- Northern Colorado is better under pressure, and has defeated Northern Arizona in 7 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We just win. Northern Colorado has more wins over the last 5 years than Northern Arizona (85 vs 71).
- The Northern Colorado basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Northern Arizona (92% vs 67%).