USC vs. Arizona State: Full Game Preview
|USC||E Wise 12.5||D Dedmon 7.3||J Fontan 4.9|
|Arizona State||J Carson 17.3||C Felix 7.9||J Carson 4.9|
On Thursday, Arizona State hosts USC at Wells Fargo Arena. The game tips off at 10:30 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Sun Devils are 4-5 against the Trojans over the last four years. They won 56-52 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Arizona State is in 5th place in the conference and needs to hold off 6th place USC.
In their last outing, despite 22 points from Jahii Carson, the Sun Devils fell to Arizona 71-54 on January 19th. He contributes a team-high 17.3 points per game and 4.9 assists per game. For the Trojans, Byron Wesley put up 19 points in the 69-68 win over Oregon State on January 19th. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.8 points per game.
Arizona State looks to have the advantage over USC in one significant area, scoring, where the Sun Devils have an edge over the Trojans, 71 points per game to 64 points per game.
- Arizona State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (75.2 per game vs 62.6 per game) than USC this season.
- Arizona State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.559 to 0.472).
- The Arizona State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than USC (60% vs 42%).
- Jahii Carson is ranked 4th in the Pac 12 in points and 42nd nationally in assists.
- The Arizona State blocks leader (Jordan Bachynski) has more blocks than the USC blocks leader (Dewayne Dedmon).
- Jonathan Gilling is ranked 10th in the Pac 12 in rebounds and 1st in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- The Arizona State assist leader (Jahii Carson) has more assists than the USC assist leader (Jio Fontan).
- Jordan Bachynski is ranked 2nd nationally in blocks.
- The Arizona State scoring leader (Jahii Carson) has more points than the USC scoring leader (Eric Wise).
- It's only wins and losses, but Arizona State has a better overall record than USC this season (11-2 vs 5-8).