Belmont vs. Morehead State: Full Game Preview
|Belmont||I Clark 19.1||T Noack 5.8||K Johnson 4.9|
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.8||C Posthumus 6.9||D Atkinson 5.5|
Morehead State welcomes Belmont to Ellis T. Johnson Arena on Thursday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST.
Morehead State is in 5th place in the conference, Belmont is in 1st place.
In their last game, Kahlil Owens put up 16 points and 5 rebounds in the Eagles 88-74 win over Tennessee-Martin on January 19th. In addition to his 6.3 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.8 rebounds per game. For the Bruins, Ian Clark finished with 22 points and 6 rebounds in the 78-66 win over Tennessee State on January 19th. His 19.1 points per game is the highest mark on the team. From a tempo-free perspective, Belmont is strong in effective field goal percentage at 56.1. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 10th in the nation.
- Milton Chavis is ranked 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 208 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Belmont.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Belmont (2 vs 0).
- Belmont has been ducking Morehead State for over 30 years.
- The Morehead State steals leader (Milton Chavis) has more steals than the Belmont steals leader (J.J. Mann).
- The Morehead State assist leader (Devon Atkinson) has more assists than the Belmont assist leader (Kerron Johnson).
- Morehead isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 1000) than Belmont, per the NCAA.