|Davidson||D Brooks 13.8||D Brooks 6.5||N Cochran 3.6|
|Western Carolina||T Sumler 17.9||T King 5.5||T Sumler 3.9|
On Thursday, Davidson travels to Ramsey Center to take on Western Carolina. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Wildcats are 4-2 against the Catamounts over the last four years. They won 93-91 on 3/5/2012 the last time they played.
Western Carolina and Davidson are packed together in the SoCon, holding down 3rd and 1st place, respectively.
The Wildcats got past College of Charleston 77-68 on January 19th with the help of 17 points and 5 rebounds from De`Mon Brooks. He leads the team in points with 13.8 per game and rebounds with 6.5 per game. For the Catamounts, Trey Sumler put up 25 points and 12 assists in the 90-81 win over Chattanooga on January 19th. He contributes a team-leading 17.9 points per game, 3.9 assists per game, and 2.2 steals per game.
Western Carolina StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Davidson has a better overall record than Western Carolina this season (7-5 vs 4-9).
- AP voters think more highly of Davidson and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Western Carolina (25 vs 0).
- Davidson is a better free-throw-shooting team (79.5% vs 68.7%) than Western Carolina this season.
- Davidson has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.690 to 0.446).
- Davidson beat Western Carolina by 2 points the last time they played (Mar 05, 2012).
- Davidson is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Davidson is 78.0 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Western Carolina.
- Davidson is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Davidson is 205 lbs compared to 193 lbs for Western Carolina.
- At least you keep showing up. Davidson has an average margin of victory of 12 over Western Carolina in 37 wins since 1980.
- The Davidson basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Western Carolina (100% vs 89%).
- Davidson is better under pressure, and has defeated Western Carolina in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We just win. Davidson has more wins over the last 5 years than Western Carolina (122 vs 87).
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||0||0||0||0||1|