|Western Kentucky||J Crook 14.5||B Harris 6.6||J Crook 4.5|
|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.5||A Rubit 10.8||F Goldstein 2.6|
Western Kentucky visits Mitchell Center on Thursday to take on South Alabama. Tip-off is at 8:05 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Hilltoppers are 7-2 against the Jaguars over the last four years. They lost 66-61 the last time they played (2/18/2012).
Western Kentucky is in 4th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 2nd place South Alabama.
In their last game, Brandon Harris put up 22 points and 8 rebounds in the Hilltoppers 59-54 loss to Arkansas-Little Rock on January 19th. On top of a team-high 6.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 8.8 points per game. In a 71-56 blowout of Louisiana-Monroe on January 17th, Augustine Rubit put up 23 points and 9 rebounds for the Jaguars. He leads the team in points with 19.5 per game and rebounds with 10.8 per game. Areas of strength for South Alabama include: free throw rate at 41.9 and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.2.
South Alabama StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Western Kentucky has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Alabama (2 vs 0).
- Western Kentucky is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Western Kentucky is 76.6 inches compared to 74.2 inches for South Alabama.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Western Kentucky has a stronger schedule than South Alabama this season (SOS Rank: #134 vs #307).
- We just win. Western Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than South Alabama (117 vs 98).
- Even computers respect Western Kentucky more. We have a better RPI this season than South Alabama (RPI: #84 vs #257).
- Western Kentucky has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.627 to 0.553).
- George Fant is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in rebounds and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- Jamal Crook is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points, 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists, and 6th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- The Western Kentucky basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than South Alabama (100% vs 63%).
|D||B. Stevens II||18||3||1||1||1||0||1|