|Virginia||J Harris 15.2||A Mitchell 9.1||J Evans 3.8|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 24.6||C Raines 6.9||E Green 4.4|
Virginia Tech welcomes Virginia to Cassell Coliseum on Thursday. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Hokies are 4-4 against the Cavaliers over the last four years. They fell 61-59 on 2/21/2012, the last time they met.
Virginia Tech is neck and neck with Virginia at 4th place in the conference.
In a 66-65 triumph over Wake Forest on January 19th, Erick Green put up 22 points for the Hokies. He contributes team-best marks with 24.6 points per game, 4.4 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Cavaliers, Joe Harris finished with 17 points in the 56-36 blowout of Florida State on January 19th. He leads the team with 15.2 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Virginia is strong in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.2. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 21st in the nation.
- Virginia Tech has a more potent offense, scoring more points (77.1 per game vs 64.8 per game) than Virginia this season.
- Virginia Tech has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.615 to 0.541).
- The Virginia Tech assist leader (Erick Green) has more assists than the Virginia assist leader (Joe Harris).
- At least you keep showing up. Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 7 over Virginia in 14 wins since 1980.
- Virginia Tech has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Virginia ($16,828 vs $20,647).
- We just win. Virginia Tech has more wins over the last 5 years than Virginia (112 vs 90).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Tech currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 939) than Virginia, per the NCAA.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Virginia Tech has come back to win after being down at half against Virginia 4 times since 2002.
- The Virginia Tech basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Virginia (75% vs 36%).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Virginia Tech has a stronger schedule than Virginia this season (SOS Rank: #249 vs #305).
|C-||J. van Zegeren||16||5||3||0||0||1||1|