|CS Northridge||S Hicks 17.0||S Maxwell 8.1||J Greene 3.9|
|UC Santa Barbara||A Williams 17.4||A Williams 9.9||N Garth 4.1|
On Thursday, UC-Santa Barbara plays host to Cal State Northridge at UCSB Events Center. Tip-off is at 10:00 EST. The Gauchos are 4-6 against the Matadors over the last four years. The last time they met (2/2/2012) they won 85-70.
Cal State Northridge is in 10th place in the Big West and UC-Santa Barbara is in 5th place.
In an 83-81 triumph over Cal Poly on January 19th, Kyle Boswell put up 23 points for the Gauchos. While contributing 1.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 12.9 points per game. The Matadors were defeated by Pacific 74-62 on January 19th despite 23 points and 12 rebounds from Stephen Maxwell. He is averaging 14.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.1 rebounds per game. Cal State Northridge ranks 2nd in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.0, which also places them 31st in the country.
Cal State Northridge StatSmack
- Taran Brown is ranked 2nd in the Big West in three-pointers and 6th in the Big West in blocks.
- UC-Santa Barbara players are more experienced than Cal State Northridge players (6,782 minutes played vs 5,993 minutes played).
- The UC-Santa Barbara rebounding leader (Alan Williams) has more rebounds than the Cal State Northridge rebounding leader (Stephan Hicks).
- The UC-Santa Barbara three-point leader (Taran Brown) has more three-pointers than the Cal State Northridge three-point leader (Josh Greene).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. UC-Santa Barbara has a stronger schedule than Cal State Northridge this season (SOS Rank: #1 vs #134).
- The UC-Santa Barbara blocks leader (Alan Williams) has more blocks than the Cal State Northridge blocks leader (Brandon Perry).
- Kyle Boswell is ranked 3rd in the Big West in three-pointers.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UC-Santa Barbara has had more players drafted by the NBA than Cal State Northridge (1 vs 0).
- We just win. UC-Santa Barbara has more wins over the last 5 years than Cal State Northridge (101 vs 78).
- UC-Santa Barbara has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.574 to 0.426).
- At least you keep showing up. UC-Santa Barbara has an average margin of victory of 11 over Cal State Northridge in 16 wins since 1981.