|Central Conn.||K Vinales 21.9||M Hunter 7.7||K Vinales 3.5|
|Quinnipiac||I Azotam 14.1||I Azotam 8.8||D Johnson 4.1|
On Thursday, Quinnipiac hosts Central Connecticut State at TD Bank Sports Center. Tip-off occurs at 7:30 EST and you can catch it on SNY. The Bobcats are 7-1 against the Blue Devils over the last four years. The last time they met (2/12/2012) they won 67-59.
Quinnipiac is in 8th place in the conference, Central Connecticut State is in 5th place.
In spite of 16 points from Zaid Hearst, the Bobcats came up short 87-75 against Robert Morris on January 19th. While contributing 4.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.4 points per game. For the Blue Devils, Malcolm McMillan finished with 26 points and 6 rebounds in the 80-75 loss to Mount St. Mary's on January 19th. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.0 points per game. One category in which Central Connecticut State is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.6, ranking 1st in their conference (and 81st nationally).
Central Connecticut State StatSmack
- The Quinnipiac basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Central Connecticut State (60% vs 43%).
- Ike Azotam is ranked 2nd in the NEC in rebounds.
- The Quinnipiac rebounding leader (Ike Azotam) has more rebounds than the Central Connecticut State rebounding leader (Matt Hunter).
- Quinnipiac allows fewer rebounds (33.4 allowed per game vs 41.5 allowed per game) than Central Connecticut State this season.
- Quinnipiac is better at defending the three (36.0% allowed vs 41.0% allowed) than Central Connecticut State this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Quinnipiac currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 961) than Central Connecticut State, per the NCAA.
- Quinnipiac is better under pressure, and has defeated Central Connecticut State in 5 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Quinnipiac has an average margin of victory of 10 over Central Connecticut State in 10 wins since 1998.
- Jamee Jackson is ranked 4th in the NEC in blocks.
|D||James Ford Jr||9||4||1||1||1||0||0|