|Louisiana Tech||R Appleby 14.4||M Kyser 6.3||K Smith 5.1|
|San Jose State||J Kinney 20.6||C Cunningham 8.5||D Brown 4.4|
Louisiana Tech travels to Event Center Arena on Thursday to take on San Jose State. The game gets underway at 10:00 EST. The Bulldogs are 4-4 against the Spartans over the last four years. The last time they met (2/23/2012) they won 75-49.
Louisiana Tech is in 1st place in the conference, San Jose State is in 5th place.
In their last match-up, Jaron Johnson finished with 15 points and 8 rebounds in the Bulldogs 78-71 victory over Seattle on January 19th. He is averaging 4.2 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. The Spartans were defeated by New Mexico State 70-53 on January 19th despite 16 points and 5 steals from LaVanne Pennington. He is averaging 7.2 points and 2.5 rebounds per game.
In terms of team stats, Louisiana Tech has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Bulldogs have an edge over the Spartans, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
San Jose State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Louisiana Tech more. We have a better RPI this season than San Jose State (RPI: #90 vs #158).
- Louisiana Tech has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.562 to 0.357).
- Raheem Appleby is ranked 47th nationally in points.
- Louisiana Tech players are more experienced than San Jose State players (10,668 minutes played vs 6,312 minutes played).
- At least you keep showing up. Louisiana Tech has an average margin of victory of 13 over San Jose State in 15 wins since 2001.
- The Louisiana Tech assist leader (Kenneth Smith) has more assists than the San Jose State assist leader (D.J. Brown).
- The Louisiana Tech steals leader (Kenneth Smith) has more steals than the San Jose State steals leader (James Kinney).
- It's only wins and losses, but Louisiana Tech has a better overall record than San Jose State this season (11-3 vs 7-5).
- Cordarius Johnson is ranked 4th in the WAC in three-pointers.
- Kenneth Smith is ranked 36th nationally in assists and 10th nationally in steals.