Tennessee State vs. Eastern Kentucky: Full Game Preview
|Tennessee State||R Covington 17.4||K Thornton 8.0||P Miller 5.5|
|Eastern Kentucky||M DiNunno 15.5||T Johnson 4.2||M DiNunno 4.0|
On Thursday, Eastern Kentucky welcomes Tennessee State at Alumni Coliseum. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Colonels are 5-3 against the Tigers over the last four years. They fell 91-85 on 1/28/2012, the last time they met.
Eastern Kentucky is in 3rd place in the Ohio Valley and has an opportunity to gain ground on Tennessee State who sit in 2nd place.
The Colonels got past Jacksonville State 73-62 on January 19th with the help of 28 points from Corey Walden. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game. For the Tigers, Patrick Miller finished with 8 points and 10 rebounds in the 78-66 loss to Belmont on January 19th. He averages 13.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.5 assists per game.
Tennessee State StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Eastern Kentucky has a better overall record than Tennessee State this season (10-3 vs 7-7).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Eastern Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 902) than Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Glenn Cosey is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in points, 19th nationally in three-pointers, 10th in the Ohio Valley in assists, and 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Eastern Kentucky is a better shooting team (46.9% vs 40.7%) than Tennessee State this season.
- The Eastern Kentucky three-point leader (Glenn Cosey) has more three-pointers than the Tennessee State three-point leader (Jordan Cyphers).
- Richmond isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- The Eastern Kentucky scoring leader (Glenn Cosey) has more points than the Tennessee State scoring leader (Robert Covington).
- Mike DiNunno is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers, 5th in the Ohio Valley in assists, and 7th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Eastern Kentucky takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tennessee State (2 vs 0).
- Eastern Kentucky is a better three-point shooting team (36.3% vs 30.2%) than Tennessee State this season.