McNeese State vs. Central Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|McNeese State||D Guidry 11.9||D Guidry 8.4||K Hardy 4.0|
|Central Arkansas||R Crawford 15.3||J Garner 6.6||L Miles 4.2|
On Thursday, McNeese State travels to Farris Center to take on Central Arkansas. The game tips off at 8:30 EST. The Cowboys are 5-3 against the Bears over the last four years. The last time they met (2/11/2012) they won 71-56.
McNeese State is in 7th place in the conference and needs to hold off 8th place Central Arkansas.
In their last game, Craig McFerrin put up 18 points and 6 rebounds in the Cowboys 74-50 romp of Lamar on January 19th. He leads the team in blocks per game with 1.9 while also putting up 10.4 points per game. For the Bears, Robert Crawford put up 17 points and 6 rebounds in the 76-67 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on January 19th. His 15.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. One category in which Central Arkansas is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.8, ranking 1st in their conference (and 50th nationally).
Central Arkansas StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. McNeese State has a stronger schedule than Central Arkansas this season (SOS Rank: #21 vs #229).
- McNeese State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.481 to 0.291).
- We just win. McNeese State has more wins over the last 5 years than Central Arkansas (78 vs 51).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? McNeese State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 923) than Central Arkansas, per the NCAA.
- The McNeese State blocks leader (Austin Lewis) has more blocks than the Central Arkansas blocks leader (Robert Crawford).
- At least you keep showing up. McNeese State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Central Arkansas in 9 wins since 1980.
- Desharick Guidry is ranked 2nd in the Southland in rebounds and 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- Kevin Hardy is ranked 6th in the Southland in assists, 2nd in the Southland in steals, and 7th in the Southland in blocks.
- The McNeese State steals leader (Kevin Hardy) has more steals than the Central Arkansas steals leader (DeShone McClure).
- You get an A for effort, but McNeese State has emerged victorious against Central Arkansas the last 4 times they've played.
- Austin Lewis is ranked 4th in the Southland in blocks.