Citadel vs. Charleston: Full Game Preview
|Citadel||M Groselle 13.8||M Groselle 7.8||M Harris III 4.8|
|Charleston||A Lawrence 14.2||A Baru 8.7||A Lawrence 4.1|
On Thursday, College of Charleston hosts Citadel at TD Arena. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Cougars defeated the Bulldogs 73-69 on January 14th and are 6-3 against them over the past four years.
College of Charleston is in 5th place in the conference, Citadel is in 12th place.
In their last outing, despite 18 points and 5 rebounds from Andrew Lawrence, the Cougars fell to Davidson 77-68 on January 19th. With 14.2 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle put up 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 70-55 blowout of Georgia Southern on January 19th. He leads the team in points with 13.8 per game and rebounds with 7.8 per game.
- It must sting. College of Charleston has blown out Citadel by 20 points or more on 14 occasions since 1998.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, College of Charleston has had more players drafted by the NBA than Citadel (1 vs 0).
- Adjehi Baru is ranked 34th nationally in rebounds and 5th in SoCon in blocks.
- Anthony Stitt is ranked 4th in SoCon in assists.
- Theo Johnson is ranked 7th in SoCon in blocks.
- The College of Charleston three-point leader (Andrew Lawrence) has more three-pointers than the Citadel three-point leader (Matt Van Scyoc).
- Anthony Thomas is ranked 9th in SoCon in blocks.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 College of Charleston has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Citadel (1 vs 0).
- Even computers respect College of Charleston more. We have a better RPI this season than Citadel (RPI: #69 vs #347).
- How does our back look? College of Charleston is ranked higher than Citadel in SoCon (#1 vs #7).
- People just expect us to beat you. College of Charleston has been the favorite 10 out of the last 11 times.
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||30||12||4||1||1||1||3|
|D||M. Harris III||28||6||2||5||1||0||3|