Texas A&M-CC vs. Nicholls State: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M-CC||W Nelson 13.9||W Nelson 7.6||J Jordan 5.1|
|Nicholls State||F Hunter 17.9||F Hunter 7.7||D Thomas 3.1|
On Thursday, Nicholls State hosts Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at Stopher Gym. Tip-off is at 8:30 EST. The Colonels are 2-2 against the Islanders over the last four years. The last time they met (2/1/2012) they won 65-61.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is in 8th place in the conference and Nicholls State is in 5th place.
The Colonels fell 72-49 to Stephen F. Austin on January 19th. Fred Hunter finished with 22 points in the loss. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 17.9 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game. The Islanders were defeated by Central Arkansas 76-67 on January 19th despite 13 points and 5 rebounds from Nate Maxey. He is averaging 4.1 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.9 per game.
Nicholls State has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Colonels have an edge over the Islanders, 65 points per game to 59 points per game.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi StatSmack
- We just win. Nicholls State has more wins over the last 5 years than Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (66 vs 61).
- Nicholls State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.434 to 0.380).
- Nicholls State is a better shooting team (42.3% vs 37.9%) than Texas A&M-Corpus Christi this season.
- Thibodaux isn't as congested as Corpus Christi (population is significantly lower).
- Nicholls State is a better three-point shooting team (32.3% vs 26.8%) than Texas A&M-Corpus Christi this season.
- Fred Hunter is ranked 6th in the Southland in points.
- Nicholls State players are more experienced than Texas A&M-Corpus Christi players (9,118 minutes played vs 4,648 minutes played).
- You get an A for effort, but Nicholls State has emerged victorious against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi the last 2 times they've played.
- The Nicholls State three-point leader (T.J. Carpenter) has more three-pointers than the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi three-point leader (William Nelson).
- T.J. Carpenter is ranked 4th in the Southland in three-pointers.