|Citadel||M Groselle 13.8||M Groselle 7.8||M Harris III 4.8|
|Charleston||A Lawrence 14.2||A Baru 8.7||A Lawrence 4.1|
On Thursday, Citadel heads to TD Arena to take on College of Charleston. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST. The Bulldogs lost to the Cougars 73-69 on January 14th and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Citadel maintains 12th place in the SoCon while College of Charleston is in 5th place.
In their last outing, behind 21 points from Matt Van Scyoc, the Bulldogs blew out Georgia Southern 70-55 on January 19th. He tallies 11.7 points per game and also adds 3.7 rebounds per game. The Cougars were defeated by Davidson 77-68 on January 19th despite 18 points and 5 rebounds from Andrew Lawrence. He leads the team in points with 14.2 per game, assists with 4.1 per game, and steals with 1.7 per game.
College of Charleston StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Citadel has come back to win after being down at half against College of Charleston 4 times since 1997.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Citadel currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (973 to 970) than College of Charleston, per the NCAA.
- Citadel is better under pressure, and has defeated College of Charleston in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Citadel has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than College of Charleston this season (Projected SOS Rank: #292 vs #308).
- The Citadel basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than College of Charleston (83% vs 44%).
- Mike Groselle is ranked 7th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Marshall Harris III is ranked 4th in SoCon in assists.
- Citadel is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.4% vs 64.0%) than College of Charleston this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Citadel has an average margin of victory of 7 over College of Charleston in 9 wins since 1982.
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||30||12||4||1||1||1||3|
|D||M. Harris III||28||6||2||5||1||0||3|