|Lamar||R Mitchell 10.1||S Brown 6.6||D Minor 3.0|
|Oral Roberts||W Niles 18.9||D Bell-Holter 9.8||D Jackson 2.7|
Lamar travels to Mabee Center on Thursday to take on Oral Roberts. Tip-off occurs at 8:30 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Cardinals have not played the Golden Eagles since the 2007-08 season, when they lost 65-57.
Lamar is 10th in the conference and Oral Roberts is 2nd. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Lamar has lost six straight.
The Cardinals were defeated by McNeese State 74-50 on January 19th despite 10 points from Donley Minor. He leads the team in assists per game with 3.0 while also putting up 8.9 points per game. For the Golden Eagles, Korey Billbury finished with 16 points and 8 rebounds in the 65-61 win over Sam Houston State on January 19th. He is averaging 5.2 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Oral Roberts has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Golden Eagles have the upper hand over the Cardinals, 68 points per game to 57 points per game.
Oral Roberts StatSmack
- Nikko Acosta is ranked 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- Rhon Mitchell is ranked 7th in the Southland in points.
- The Lamar assist leader (Donley Minor) has more assists than the Oral Roberts assist leader (Korey Billbury).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Lamar currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (940 to 934) than Oral Roberts, per the NCAA.
- Stanford Brown is ranked 5th in the Southland in rebounds and 10th in the Southland in blocks.
- Donley Minor is ranked 7th in the Southland in assists.