|Samford||R Kelly 14.6||T Williams 7.2||R Kelly 4.0|
|UNC Greensboro||T Simpson 17.8||K McNeil 6.8||D Parker 3.0|
Samford visits Greensboro Coliseum on Thursday to take on North Carolina-Greensboro. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Bulldogs are 4-4 against the Spartans over the last four years. They lost 71-69 the last time they played (2/9/2012).
Samford is in 2nd place in the conference, North Carolina-Greensboro is in 8th place. Samford has won four games straight.
The 20 points and 5 rebounds by Clide Geffrard Jr. helped the Bulldogs to a 72-68 victory over Appalachian State on January 19th. He is putting up 10.2 points per game while also averaging 4.5 rebounds per game. For the Spartans, Derrell Armstrong finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the 69-61 loss to Furman on January 20th. He contributes 5.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 16.8 points per game. A key area of strength for North Carolina-Greensboro is defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 25th nationally).
North Carolina-Greensboro StatSmack
- The Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams) has more blocks than the North Carolina-Greensboro blocks leader (RJ White).
- People just expect us to beat you. Samford has been the favorite 7 out of the last 8 times.
- The Samford three-point leader (Raijon Kelly) has more three-pointers than the North Carolina-Greensboro three-point leader (Trevis Simpson).
- We just win. Samford has more wins over the last 5 years than North Carolina-Greensboro (67 vs 54).
- Tim Williams is ranked 4th in SoCon in points, 2nd in SoCon in rebounds, and 2nd in SoCon in blocks.
- Samford has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.384 to 0.259).
- At least you keep showing up. Samford has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina-Greensboro in 6 wins since 1991.
- Raijon Kelly is ranked 5th in SoCon in points, 4th in SoCon in three-pointers, and 3rd in SoCon in assists.
- Samford is better at defending the three (36.7% allowed vs 40.7% allowed) than North Carolina-Greensboro this season.
- The Samford steals leader (Tim Williams) has more steals than the North Carolina-Greensboro steals leader (David Williams).
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||27||10||4||1||1||1||1|
|D+||K. Van Dussen||27||8||3||3||1||0||2|