|Belmont||I Clark 19.1||T Noack 5.8||K Johnson 4.9|
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.8||C Posthumus 6.9||D Atkinson 5.5|
On Thursday, Belmont travels to Ellis T. Johnson Arena to take on Morehead State. It gets started at 7:00 EST.
Belmont is in 1st place in the conference, Morehead State is in 5th place. Belmont will be looking to extend its six-game win streak.
In their last game, Ian Clark put up 22 points and 6 rebounds in the Bruins 78-66 win over Tennessee State on January 19th. His 19.1 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In an 88-74 victory over Tennessee-Martin on January 19th, Kahlil Owens put up 16 points and 5 rebounds for the Eagles. He contributes 4.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.3 points per game. A key area of strength for Morehead State is offensive rebounding percentage at 38.7, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 19th nationally).
Morehead State StatSmack
- The Belmont blocks leader (Blake Jenkins) has more blocks than the Morehead State blocks leader (Jason Holmes).
- Belmont players are more experienced than Morehead State players (12,607 minutes played vs 7,451 minutes played).
- Ian Clark is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in points and 11th nationally in three-pointers.
- Morehead State has been ducking Belmont for over 30 years.
- J.J. Mann is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Belmont has a stronger schedule than Morehead State this season (SOS Rank: #12 vs #64).
- Belmont has a better scoring defense (62.6 allowed per game vs 71.1 allowed per game) than Morehead State this season.
- Belmont takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Morehead State (5 vs 2).
- The Belmont basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Morehead State (100% vs 43%).
- Belmont does a better job contesting shots (38.2% allowed vs 43.8% allowed) than Morehead State this season.
- Kerron Johnson is ranked 4th in the Ohio Valley in assists.