|UCLA||S Muhammad 17.9||K Anderson 9.1||L Drew II 8.1|
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.2||K Tarczewski 6.0||M Lyons 3.3|
UCLA travels to McKale Center on Thursday to take on No. 6 Arizona. Tip-off occurs at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN2. The Bruins are 4-6 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They lost 66-58 the last time they played (3/8/2012).
Arizona is in 3rd place in the conference and just behind 2nd place UCLA with a chance to catch up.
In spite of 17 points from Travis Wear, the Bruins came up short 76-67 against Oregon on January 19th. He leads the team in blocks per game with 1.3 while also putting up 12.5 points per game. For the Wildcats, Mark Lyons finished with 24 points in the 71-54 blowout of Arizona State on January 19th. With 15.2 points per game and 3.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Arizona can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 74.8 and effective field goal percentage at 53.5.
- UCLA has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Arizona (3 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. UCLA has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona 4 times since 1996.
- The UCLA three-point leader (Jordan Adams) has more three-pointers than the Arizona three-point leader (Mark Lyons).
- UCLA is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UCLA is 226 lbs compared to 220 lbs for Arizona.
- The UCLA blocks leader (Travis Wear) has more blocks than the Arizona blocks leader (Brandon Ashley).
- Kyle Anderson is ranked 5th in the Pac 12 in rebounds, 4th in the Pac 12 in assists, and 7th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 UCLA has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Arizona (25 vs 23).
- Travis Wear is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- Jordan Adams is ranked 5th in the Pac 12 in points and 5th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- We just win. UCLA has more wins over the last 5 years than Arizona (127 vs 121).
- Larry Drew II is ranked 2nd nationally in assists.
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|