Middle Tenn State vs. North Texas: Full Game Preview
|Middle Tenn State||M Knight 12.5||S Jones 6.1||B Massey Jr 3.0|
|North Texas||T Mitchell 14.4||T Mitchell 8.6||C Jones 5.0|
On Thursday, Middle Tennessee State travels to UNT Coliseum to take on North Texas. The game tips off at 8:00 EST. The Blue Raiders beat the Mean Green 75-57 on December 31st and are 5-2 against them over the last four years.
Middle Tennessee State is currently in 1st place in the conference and North Texas is in 8th.
The 27 points by Kerry Hammonds II helped the Blue Raiders to an 82-60 cakewalk over Louisiana on January 19th. He is averaging 6.0 points and 3.3 rebounds per game. In a 61-59 victory over Florida Atlantic on January 19th, Tony Mitchell put up 24 points and 8 rebounds for the Mean Green. He puts up a team-leading 14.4 points per game, 8.6 rebounds per game, and 2.7 blocks per game. From a tempo-free perspective, North Texas is strong in turnover percentage at 19.4. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 124th in the nation.
North Texas StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. Middle Tennessee State has a better record at home than North Texas this season (7-0 vs 3-3).
- Middle Tennessee State is better under pressure, and has defeated North Texas in 3 out of the last 4 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Middle Tennessee State is a better three-point shooting team (36.0% vs 24.5%) than North Texas this season.
- Even computers respect Middle Tennessee State more. We have a better RPI this season than North Texas (RPI: #42 vs #244).
- You get an A for effort, but Middle Tennessee State has emerged victorious against North Texas the last 4 times they've played.
- Middle Tennessee State is better at defending the three (27.5% allowed vs 39.5% allowed) than North Texas this season.
- Shawn Jones is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in rebounds.
- Marcos Knight is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points and 7th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- How does our back look? Middle Tennessee State is ranked higher than North Texas in the Sun Belt (#1 vs #9).
- The Middle Tennessee State three-point leader (Raymond Cintron) has more three-pointers than the North Texas three-point leader (Jordan Williams).
- Bruce Massey Jr is ranked 6th in the Sun Belt in assists.
|C||Bruce Massey Jr||22||5||3||3||1||0||2|
|C||K. Hammonds II||21||6||3||2||1||0||1|
|D+||Jason Jones Jr||10||4||2||1||0||0||1|
|D+||J. Gallman Jr||12||4||1||1||0||0||1|