Texas State vs. Idaho: Full Game Preview
|Texas State||J Wright 16.4||J Wright 6.5||V Jones 3.3|
|Idaho||K Barone 15.6||K Barone 9.0||M McChristian 2.7|
Texas State heads to Cowan Spectrum on Thursday to take on Idaho. It takes place at 10:05 EST.
Idaho maintains 5th place in the WAC while Texas State sits at 8th place.
In an 81-78 triumph over Texas-San Antonio on January 19th, Reid Koenen put up 23 points for the Bobcats. He is putting up 7.6 points per game while also averaging 2.8 rebounds per game. In a 77-64 victory over Texas-Arlington on January 19th, Kyle Barone put up 14 points and 18 rebounds for the Vandals. He contributes a team-leading 15.6 points per game, 9.0 rebounds per game, and 1.2 blocks per game. A key area of strength for Idaho is defensive rebounding percentage at 72.5, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 38th nationally).
- Texas State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.478 to 0.419).
- Joel Wright is ranked 3rd in the WAC in points and 5th in the WAC in rebounds.
- Matt Staff is ranked 6th in the WAC in points, 8th in the WAC in rebounds, and 7th in the WAC in blocks.
- Idaho has been ducking Texas State for over 30 years.
- Vonn Jones is ranked 2nd in the WAC in assists and 6th in the WAC in steals.
- The Texas State rebounding leader (Joel Wright) has more rebounds than the Idaho rebounding leader (Kyle Barone).
- The Texas State blocks leader (Matt Staff) has more blocks than the Idaho blocks leader (Kyle Barone).
- The Texas State assist leader (Vonn Jones) has more assists than the Idaho assist leader (Mike McChristian).
- Wesley Davis is ranked 16th nationally in steals.
- The Texas State scoring leader (Joel Wright) has more points than the Idaho scoring leader (Kyle Barone).
- The Texas State steals leader (Wesley Davis) has more steals than the Idaho steals leader (Denzel Douglas).
|F||Basil Brown II||7||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|D+||R. Harris Jr.||19||7||3||2||0||0||2|