Kennesaw State vs. Lipscomb: Full Game Preview
|Kennesaw State||M Cummings 17.7||A Anderson 7.7||D Love 3.1|
|Lipscomb||D Alexander 12.3||S Hurt 8.2||K Sankey 3.3|
Lipscomb welcomes Kennesaw State to Allen Arena on Thursday. Tip-off is at 7:30 EST. The Bisons are 7-2 against the Owls over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 74-71.
Lipscomb is in 8th place in the conference and needs to hold off 10th place Kennesaw State.
In their last match-up on January 19th, Deonte Alexander put up 23 points for the Bisons in a loss to Stetson, 85-69. He leads the team with 12.3 points per game and 1.4 steals per game. For the Owls, Aaron Anderson finished with 13 points and 14 rebounds in the 70-60 loss to East Tennessee State on January 19th. He is averaging 9.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.7 rebounds per game.
Digging into season numbers, Lipscomb has the advantage in one key category, rebounding, where the Bisons have an edge over the Owls, 37 per game to 29 per game. Areas of strength for Kennesaw State include: turnover percentage at 21.0 and free throw rate at 42.0.
Kennesaw State StatSmack
- Lipscomb beat Kennesaw State by 3 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- We just win. Lipscomb has more wins over the last 5 years than Kennesaw State (84 vs 42).
- At least you keep showing up. Lipscomb has an average margin of victory of 16 over Kennesaw State in 9 wins since 2005.
- Khion Sankey is ranked 6th in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds and 5th in the Atlantic Sun in assists.
- The Lipscomb blocks leader (Stephen Hurt) has more blocks than the Kennesaw State blocks leader (Andrew Osemhen).
- Lipscomb can actually jump, with more rebounds (39.3 per game vs 28.0 per game) than Kennesaw State this season.
- Deonte Alexander is ranked 10th in the Atlantic Sun in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but Lipscomb has emerged victorious against Kennesaw State the last 4 times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Lipscomb currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 901) than Kennesaw State, per the NCAA.
- Lipscomb has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.515 to 0.234).
- It's only wins and losses, but Lipscomb has a better overall record than Kennesaw State this season (5-7 vs 1-12).