|Sam Houston State||D Gatson 8.9||T Motley 6.1||D Gatson 3.1|
|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 12.3||R Johnson 7.7||B Fortenberry 2.6|
On Thursday, Sam Houston State travels to University Center (LA) to take on Southeastern Louisiana. The game tips off at 8:15 EST. The Bearkats are 5-0 against the Lions over the last four years. They won 57-55 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
Sam Houston State is in 4th place in the Southland and needs to hold off Southeastern Louisiana who sit just south in 5th place.
In their last game, Marquel McKinney put up 11 points in the Bearkats 65-61 loss to Oral Roberts on January 19th. He tallies 6.9 points per game and also adds 2.6 rebounds per game. The Lions were defeated by Northwestern State 103-68 on January 19th despite 18 points and 6 rebounds from Onochie Ochie. He contributes 2.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.9 points per game.
Sam Houston State has a statistical advantage over Southeastern Louisiana in one significant category, assists, where the Bearkats have an edge over the Lions, 14 per game to nine per game.
Southeastern Louisiana StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Sam Houston State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (938 to 936) than Southeastern Louisiana, per the NCAA.
- Sam Houston State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (65.9 per game vs 58.2 per game) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- Sam Houston State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.587 to 0.473).
- Darius Gatson is ranked 5th in the Southland in assists and 5th in the Southland in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Sam Houston State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Southeastern Louisiana in 21 wins since 1984.
- Sam Houston State has a better scoring defense (61.3 allowed per game vs 69.7 allowed per game) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- The Sam Houston State three-point leader (Marquel McKinney) has more three-pointers than the Southeastern Louisiana three-point leader (Brandon Fortenberry).
- Jeremy McKay is ranked 8th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- Marquel McKinney is ranked 6th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- We just win. Sam Houston State has more wins over the last 5 years than Southeastern Louisiana (104 vs 78).