|UCLA||S Muhammad 17.9||K Anderson 9.1||L Drew II 8.1|
|Arizona||M Lyons 15.2||K Tarczewski 6.0||M Lyons 3.3|
On Thursday, No. 6 Arizona hosts UCLA at McKale Center. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN2. The Wildcats are 6-4 against the Bruins over the last four years. The last time they met (3/8/2012) they won 66-58.
Arizona is in 3rd place in the Pac 12 and has an opportunity to gain ground on UCLA who sit in 2nd place.
In a 71-54 beatdown of Arizona State on January 19th, Mark Lyons put up 24 points for the Wildcats. With 15.2 points per game and 3.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Bruins were defeated by Oregon 76-67 on January 19th despite 10 points and 11 rebounds from Kyle Anderson. He is averaging 9.9 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 9.1 per game. One category in which UCLA is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 15.9, ranking 1st in their conference (and 6th nationally).
- The Arizona steals leader (Nick Johnson) has more steals than the UCLA steals leader (Kyle Anderson).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arizona currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 942) than UCLA, per the NCAA.
- Arizona has a better scoring defense (59.2 allowed per game vs 69.5 allowed per game) than UCLA this season.
- Arizona takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than UCLA (8 vs 6).
- It's only wins and losses, but Arizona has a better overall record than UCLA this season (12-0 vs 10-3).
- At least you keep showing up. Arizona has an average margin of victory of 13 over UCLA in 34 wins since 1980.
- Arizona beat UCLA by 8 points the last time they played (Mar 08, 2012).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Arizona is superior to UCLA (Latest AP Poll: #3 vs Not Ranked).
- Arizona has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.738 to 0.685).
- Arizona players are more experienced than UCLA players (12,095 minutes played vs 10,171 minutes played).
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|