|Purdue||T Johnson 13.3||A Hammons 6.3||R Johnson 3.4|
|Michigan||T Burke 18.0||G Robinson III 5.8||T Burke 7.2|
No. 2 Michigan plays host to Purdue at Crisler Arena on Thursday. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Wolverines are 2-4 against the Boilermakers over the last four years. They fell 75-61 on 2/25/2012, the last time they met.
Purdue is in 6th place in the conference and Michigan is in 2nd place.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and 5 rebounds from Tim Hardaway Jr, the Wolverines defeated Minnesota 83-75 on January 17th. In addition to his 16.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.4 rebounds per game. For the Boilermakers, D.J. Byrd finished with 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 79-52 blowout of West Virginia on January 19th. He contributes 3.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.4 points per game.
Michigan looks to have the advantage in two significant areas. First, in field goal percentage, the Wolverines have an edge over the Boilermakers, 51% to 42%. Michigan also has an advantage in scoring, 79 points per game to 66 points per game.
- Michigan is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.9% vs 66.0%) than Purdue this season.
- Nik Stauskas is ranked 14th nationally in three-pointers.
- Michigan has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Purdue (#24 vs #75).
- The Michigan scoring leader (Trey Burke) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson).
- The Michigan assist leader (Trey Burke) has more assists than the Purdue assist leader (Ronnie Johnson).
- Tim Hardaway Jr is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in points.
- Michigan has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Purdue according to Kiplinger (70% vs 38%).
- Michigan is a better shooting team (51.1% vs 42.0%) than Purdue this season.
- Michigan has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Purdue (#27 vs #61).
- Michigan has a more potent offense, scoring more points (80.1 per game vs 67.2 per game) than Purdue this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Michigan has an average margin of victory of 9 over Purdue in 21 wins since 1980.
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||16||5||3||1||1||2|
|A-||G. Robinson III||32||12||6||1||1||0||1|