|Marist||C Lewis 14.6||A Kemp 8.1||I Morton 3.2|
|Fairfield||D Needham 14.5||A Sidibe 5.6||D Wade 3.8|
On Thursday, Fairfield hosts Marist at Webster Bank Arena. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN3. The Stags are 8-1 against the Red Foxes over the last four years. The last time they met (2/20/2012) they won 60-49.
Both teams share 7th place in the conference.
In spite of 23 points from Derek Needham, the Stags came up short 65-60 against Loyola (MD) on January 21st. He leads the team with 14.5 points per game. In a 59-48 victory over St. Peter's on January 19th, Chavaughn Lewis put up 19 points and 9 rebounds for the Red Foxes. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game and steals with 1.9 per game.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Fairfield has come back to win after being down at half against Marist 4 times since 1999.
- The Fairfield scoring leader (Derek Needham) has more points than the Marist scoring leader (Devin Price).
- The Fairfield assist leader (Desmond Wade) has more assists than the Marist assist leader (Isaiah Morton).
- Derek Needham is ranked 6th in the MAAC in points, 41st nationally in three-pointers, 4th in the MAAC in assists, and 4th in the MAAC in steals.
- Fairfield has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Marist (#104 vs #115).
- People just expect us to beat you. Fairfield has been the favorite 10 out of the last 11 times.
- Keith Matthews is ranked 10th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Fairfield has a better scoring defense (61.6 allowed per game vs 69.2 allowed per game) than Marist this season.
- Fairfield allows fewer rebounds (33.9 allowed per game vs 40.1 allowed per game) than Marist this season.
- Maurice Barrow is ranked 10th in the MAAC in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Fairfield currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 915) than Marist, per the NCAA.
|D||Rob Delle Bovi||1||0||0||0||0||0||1|