|Robert Morris||V Jones 12.0||L Jones 5.9||V Jones 5.3|
|St. Francis (PA)||U Shannon 13.4||E Brown 9.1||U Shannon 4.1|
Robert Morris heads to DeGol Arena on Thursday to take on St. Francis (PA). It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Colonials are 8-0 against the Red Flash over the last four years. The last time they met (2/11/2012) they won 70-56.
Robert Morris is 2nd in the conference and St. Francis (PA) is 12th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Robert Morris will be looking to extend its four-game win streak.
In their last outing, behind 22 points from Russell Johnson, the Colonials defeated Quinnipiac 87-75 on January 19th. He tallies 8.5 points per game and also adds 5.7 rebounds per game. The Red Flash were defeated by Sacred Heart 75-72 on January 19th despite 14 points and 15 rebounds from Earl Brown. With 9.1 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Digging into season numbers, Robert Morris has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Colonials have an edge over the Red Flash, 70 points per game to 61 points per game.
St. Francis (PA) StatSmack
- Robert Morris has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.651 to 0.248).
- Lucky Jones is ranked 7th in the NEC in rebounds.
- The Robert Morris three-point leader (Karvel Anderson) has more three-pointers than the St. Francis three-point leader (Ollie Jackson).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Robert Morris currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 949) than St. Francis, per the NCAA.
- Robert Morris takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. Francis (2 vs 0).
- Karvel Anderson is ranked 10th in the NEC in points and 43rd nationally in three-pointers.
- Coron Williams is ranked 2nd in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Robert Morris more. We have a better RPI this season than St. Francis (RPI: #118 vs #331).
- Robert Morris has a better scoring defense (66.7 allowed per game vs 74.3 allowed per game) than St. Francis this season.
- Robert Morris can actually jump, with more rebounds (32.9 per game vs 27.0 per game) than St. Francis this season.
- Mike McFadden is ranked 6th in the NEC in steals.