|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.0||M Ejim 9.7||K Lucious 5.5|
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 13.6||J Crockett 8.3||J Gray 2.6|
On Wednesday, Texas Tech hosts Iowa State at United Spirit Arena. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Red Raiders are 2-3 against the Cyclones over the last four years. They fell 72-54 on 2/22/2012, the last time they met.
Texas Tech is in 8th place in the conference, Iowa State is in 5th place.
In spite of 11 points and 7 rebounds from Jaye Crockett, the Red Raiders came up short 79-45 against Oklahoma State on January 19th. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 13.6 points per game and 8.3 rebounds per game. In a 63-50 victory over TCU on January 19th, Melvin Ejim put up 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Cyclones. He is averaging 11.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 9.7 rebounds per game.
Iowa State has a statistical edge over Texas Tech in one specific area, scoring, where the Cyclones have the upper hand over the Red Raiders, 80 points per game to 69 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Iowa State is strong in effective field goal percentage at 52.6. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 42nd in the nation.
Iowa State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Texas Tech currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 943) than Iowa State, per the NCAA.
- AP voters think more highly of Texas Tech and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa State (17 vs 3).
- Daylen Robinson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Texas Tech has an average margin of victory of 10 over Iowa State in 10 wins since 1996.
- Jaye Crockett is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in points and 3rd in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Dejan Kravic is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- The Texas Tech blocks leader (Dejan Kravic) has more blocks than the Iowa State blocks leader (Percy Gibson).
- Josh Gray is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Texas Tech steals leader (Josh Gray) has more steals than the Iowa State steals leader (Tyrus McGee).
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||2||0||0||1|