|Stony Brook||J Warney 12.4||T Brenton 8.1||T Brenton 4.7|
|UMBC||R Cook 15.8||R Cook 6.4||A Morgan 2.9|
Stony Brook visits Retriever Activities Center on Wednesday to take on Maryland-Baltimore County. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Seawolves are 8-0 against the Retrievers over the last four years. The last time they met (2/9/2012) they won 80-68.
Stony Brook is currently in 2nd place in the America East and Maryland-Baltimore County is in 7th.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and 5 rebounds from Dave Coley, the Seawolves fell to Vermont 81-73 on January 18th. In addition to his 11.7 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.1 rebounds per game. For the Retrievers, Ryan Cook put up 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 70-57 win over Hartford on January 16th. With 15.8 points per game and 6.4 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Maryland-Baltimore County StatSmack
- Jameel Warney is ranked 5th in the America East in rebounds and 2nd in the America East in blocks.
- Stony Brook has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.604 to 0.222).
- Stony Brook waxed Maryland-Baltimore County by 12 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2012).
- Stony Brook has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Maryland-Baltimore County (#7 vs #78).
- Stony Brook has a better scoring defense (59.8 allowed per game vs 74.0 allowed per game) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- Stony Brook is a better three-point shooting team (33.0% vs 29.0%) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.
- Better not leave your building. Stony Brook has a better record on the road than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (6-3 vs 0-7).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Stony Brook currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 933) than Maryland-Baltimore County, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but Stony Brook has a better overall record than Maryland-Baltimore County this season (9-4 vs 2-11).
- Stony Brook is a better free-throw-shooting team (74.0% vs 63.9%) than Maryland-Baltimore County this season.