|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 16.7||J Early 7.8||K Brown-Surles 2.4|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.4||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.4|
Southern Illinois travels to McLeod Center on Wednesday to take on Northern Iowa. It starts at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on PSN or ESPN3.com. The Salukis are 1-7 against the Panthers over the last four years. They lost 65-61 the last time they played (2/25/2012).
Southern Illinois is currently in 9th place in the Missouri Valley and Northern Iowa is in 6th place.
In their last match-up on January 20th, Jeff Early put up 16 points and 9 rebounds for the Salukis in a loss to Illinois State, 70-56. He is averaging 13.2 points per game while also contributing a team-high 7.8 rebounds per game. For the Panthers, Jake Koch finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 85-55 blowout of Drake on January 20th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.4 per game and steals with 1.3 per game.
Northern Iowa StatSmack
- Southern Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.584 to 0.522).
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Illinois has an average margin of victory of 9 over Northern Iowa in 23 wins since 1991.
- Southern Illinois allows fewer rebounds (30.0 allowed per game vs 35.2 allowed per game) than Northern Iowa this season.
- Jeff Early is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in rebounds.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Southern Illinois has come back to win after being down at half against Northern Iowa 3 times since 2002.
- The Southern Illinois rebounding leader (Jeff Early) has more rebounds than the Northern Iowa rebounding leader (Jake Koch).
- Desmar Jackson is ranked 4th in the Missouri Valley in points and 50th nationally in steals.
- The Southern Illinois scoring leader (Desmar Jackson) has more points than the Northern Iowa scoring leader (Deon Mitchell).
- AP voters think more highly of Southern Illinois and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Northern Iowa (17 vs 10).
- The Southern Illinois steals leader (Desmar Jackson) has more steals than the Northern Iowa steals leader (Deon Mitchell).
- Dantiel Daniels is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||31||10||3||2||1||0||2|