|Akron||Z Marshall 12.6||D Treadwell 7.1||A Abreu 5.7|
|Toledo||R Pearson 18.7||R Pearson 6.2||J Brown 5.1|
On Wednesday, Toledo plays host to Akron at Savage Hall. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can see it on SportsTime Ohio. The Rockets are 0-5 against the Zips over the last four years. They fell 86-72 on 2/1/2012, the last time they met.
Toledo is in 3rd place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 1st place Akron.
In their last match-up on January 19th, Matt Smith put up 16 points for the Rockets in a loss to Ohio, 76-67. He tallies 9.4 points per game and also adds 3.2 rebounds per game. For the Zips, Zeke Marshall finished with 17 points and 11 rebounds in the 71-67 win over Kent State on January 19th. With 12.6 points per game and 3.4 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
There is one important category where Akron has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Zips have the upper hand over the Rockets, 75 points per game to 68 points per game. The Four Factors in which Akron stands out are offensive rebounding percentage at 38.8 and effective field goal percentage at 52.7.
- Nathan Boothe is ranked 9th in the MAC in blocks.
- The Toledo basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Akron (75% vs 38%).
- At least you keep showing up. Toledo has an average margin of victory of 10 over Akron in 15 wins since 1992.
- Julius Brown is ranked 8th in the MAC in assists.
- The Toledo scoring leader (Rian Pearson) has more points than the Akron scoring leader (Zeke Marshall).
- Rian Pearson is ranked 2nd in the MAC in points and 5th in the MAC in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Toledo has come back to win after being down at half against Akron 3 times since 2001.
- The Toledo steals leader (Rian Pearson) has more steals than the Akron steals leader (Brian Walsh).
- Toledo is a better free-throw-shooting team (76.6% vs 68.2%) than Akron this season.
- Toledo players are more experienced than Akron players (11,395 minutes played vs 11,094 minutes played).