|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.7||R Carter 6.7||M Udofia 3.1|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.7||J Michael McAdoo 8.2||M Paige 4.3|
On Wednesday, Georgia Tech visits Dean E. Smith Center to take on North Carolina. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Yellow Jackets are 4-2 against the Tar Heels over the last four years. They fell 93-81 on 1/29/2012, the last time they met.
Georgia Tech is currently in 12th place in the conference and North Carolina is in 4th.
In their last outing, despite 20 points from Chris Bolden, the Yellow Jackets fell to Duke 73-57 on January 17th. He is putting up 5.9 points per game while also averaging 1.7 rebounds per game. For the Tar Heels, James Michael McAdoo finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds in the 62-52 win over Maryland on January 19th. With 14.7 points per game and 8.2 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
North Carolina has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Tar Heels have the upper hand over the Yellow Jackets, 78 points per game to 65 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, North Carolina is strong in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.6. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 24th in the nation.
North Carolina StatSmack
- Mfon Udofia is ranked 10th in the ACC in assists.
- Georgia Tech players are more experienced than North Carolina players (11,689 minutes played vs 9,234 minutes played).
- Daniel Miller is ranked 45th nationally in blocks.
- Georgia Tech has a better scoring defense (53.1 allowed per game vs 69.9 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- The Georgia Tech blocks leader (Daniel Miller) has more blocks than the North Carolina blocks leader (Desmond Hubert).
- Georgia Tech is better at defending the three (28.7% allowed vs 33.6% allowed) than North Carolina this season.
- Georgia Tech does a better job contesting shots (34.5% allowed vs 38.7% allowed) than North Carolina this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Georgia Tech has an average margin of victory of 8 over North Carolina in 22 wins since 1980.
- Georgia Tech allows fewer rebounds (33.8 allowed per game vs 38.5 allowed per game) than North Carolina this season.
- Georgia Tech is better under pressure, and has defeated North Carolina in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Georgia Tech is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Georgia Tech is 220 lbs compared to 206 lbs for North Carolina.
|D+||S. Poole, Jr.||10||3||3||1||0||0||0|