|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 16.7||J Early 7.8||K Brown-Surles 2.4|
|Northern Iowa||A James 12.4||J Koch 6.4||D Mitchell 3.4|
On Wednesday, Northern Iowa welcomes Southern Illinois at McLeod Center. The game tips off at 8:00 EST and you can see it on PSN or ESPN3.com. The Panthers are 7-1 against the Salukis over the last four years. They won 65-61 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Southern Illinois is in 9th place in the conference and Northern Iowa is in 6th place.
In their last outing, behind 20 points from Deon Mitchell, the Panthers blew out Drake 85-55 on January 20th. He tallies 10.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.4 assists per game. For the Salukis, Jeff Early put up 16 points and 9 rebounds in the 70-56 loss to Illinois State on January 20th. He is averaging 13.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.8 rebounds per game.
Southern Illinois StatSmack
- Northern Iowa beat Southern Illinois by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Northern Iowa has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.667 to 0.412).
- Northern Iowa players are more experienced than Southern Illinois players (12,951 minutes played vs 9,012 minutes played).
- We just win. Northern Iowa has more wins over the last 5 years than Southern Illinois (118 vs 74).
- The Northern Iowa assist leader (Deon Mitchell) has more assists than the Southern Illinois assist leader (Desmar Jackson).
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Iowa has an average margin of victory of 10 over Southern Illinois in 22 wins since 1991.
- Marc Sonnen is ranked 2nd in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers.
- Northern Iowa is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.7% vs 67.3%) than Southern Illinois this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Northern Iowa has come back to win after being down at half against Southern Illinois 3 times since 2007.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Northern Iowa currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (970 to 908) than Southern Illinois, per the NCAA.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||31||10||3||2||1||0||2|