Boston College 59
(9-9, 2-3 away)
(15-4, 14-1 home)
Venue: Comcast Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 22, 2013
||R Anderson 16
||R Anderson 9
||J Rahon 3
||A Len 13
||A Len 8
||P Howard 4
On Tuesday, January 22nd, Boston College took on Maryland and was edged by the Terrapins 64-59 in conference play. The Eagles got 18 points and seven rebounds from Olivier Hanlan. Ryan Anderson also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 19 points and adding seven rebounds. Alex Len recorded a double-double for the Terrapins on a team-high 16 points and 13 rebounds. Boston College (9-9, 1-4 ACC) gets Virginia (12-5, 2-2 ACC) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Boston College Game Notes
- The last time BC started the season 9-9 was 1999.
- BC beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have been unlucky 6 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boston College has lost 26 close games.
- Boston College has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Boston College has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The Eagles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Boston College has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 5 games.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 32.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Anderson and Olivier Hanlan) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 15 times in 18 games this season.
- Olivier Hanlan has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Anderson has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Maryland Game Notes
- Maryland won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Terrapins won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland has lost 23 close games.
- The top two scorers (Alex Len and Jake Layman) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- Alex Len accounted for 31.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Alex Len has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Alex Len recorded the 6th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Len has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Len recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 6th of his career.
- Alex Len set a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Dezmine Wells set a career high with 8 assists.