(15-5, 4-2 away)
(10-10, 8-5 home)
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 22, 2013
||B Paul 18
||B Paul 4
||T Abrams 3
||D Talley 13
||B Ubel 6
||D Talley 2
On Tuesday, January 22nd, Nebraska was thumped by Illinois 71-51 in conference play. The Cornhuskers got a team-high 16 points and two rebounds from Dylan Talley. Ray Gallegos had five points and added four rebounds. D.J. Richardson finished with a career-high 30 points for the Fighting Illini, making 6 of 9 from three-point range. Next up for Nebraska (10-10, 1-6 Big Ten) is Northwestern (11-8, 2-4 Big Ten) on Saturday, January 26th at home.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 2:42 left to go.
- Nebraska started 10-10 during the 2004, 2001, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cornhuskers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 31.8% or worse.
- Nebraska has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 12 or more assists this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.3% or better this season, Nebraska has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- The Cornhuskers set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time Nebraska recorded at least 21 free throws made was Nov 23, 2011 against Oregon.
- Nebraska set a season low for field goals made.
- Nebraska has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Nebraska has a -1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Dylan Talley accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Dylan Talley has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 20 games this season.
- Brandon Ubel has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Shavon Shields.
Illinois Game Notes
- Nnanna Egwu recorded a team season high in rebounds with 10.
- D.J. Richardson accounted for 42.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nnanna Egwu and Joseph Bertrand) accounted for 45.0% of the rebounds.
- D.J. Richardson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 20 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of D.J. Richardson's career.
- D.J. Richardson set career highs with 30 points, 9 field goals made, and 6 three-pointers.
- Nnanna Egwu recorded the 1st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nnanna Egwu set career highs with 10 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Joseph Bertrand set career highs with 8 rebounds and 5 steals.