Navy vs. American University: Full Game Preview
|Navy||T Dunbar 10.5||W Smith 5.8||T Dunbar 5.2|
|American University||S Lumpkins 14.7||S Lumpkins 9.6||D Munoz 3.5|
On Wednesday, Navy travels to Bender Arena to take on American University. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-WAS. The Midshipmen are 1-8 against the Eagles over the last four years. They fell 69-47 on 2/15/2012, the last time they met.
Navy is currently tied with American University in the Patriot in 4th place.
The 16 points and 9 rebounds by Worth Smith helped the Midshipmen to a 59-50 victory over Army on January 20th. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 5.8 rebounds per game, 1.2 blocks per game, and 1.1 steals per game. The Eagles were defeated by Holy Cross 79-60 on January 19th despite 17 points and 11 rebounds from Stephen Lumpkins. He contributes a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 9.6 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game.
American University StatSmack
- Navy is better at defending the three (27.8% allowed vs 38.7% allowed) than American University this season.
- Navy has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than American University (#15 vs #77).
- Navy does a better job contesting shots (39.6% allowed vs 44.5% allowed) than American University this season.
- Worth Smith is ranked 8th in the Patriot in rebounds, 4th in the Patriot in steals, and 3rd in the Patriot in blocks.
- It's only wins and losses, but Navy has a better overall record than American University this season (6-8 vs 4-9).
- The Navy steals leader (Worth Smith) has more steals than the American University steals leader (Stephen Lumpkins).
- At least you keep showing up. Navy has an average margin of victory of 15 over American University in 15 wins since 1980.
- Tilman Dunbar is ranked 21st nationally in assists.
- Brandon Venturini is ranked 6th in the Patriot in three-pointers and 7th in the Patriot in steals.
- Navy has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than American University (#85 vs #160).
|F||W. Flood Jr.||2||0||1||0||0||0||1|